Cabinet library

asolomon

Question

11 answers to this question

Hey again, I can't find any info on this so thought I'd ask you.  Do you know if you can import a file (ie. design layers) from a different workspace (ie. architect) into interiorcad so that I can plunk the cabinets into the already drawn out floor plan and have everything in the same file?

Right Click on the Symbols in the Resource Manager and choose Edit Symbol Options...  Make sure the Convert to Plug-in Object (if it is a single object in the symbol) or Convert to Group (if there are multiple objects in the symbol) is checked. Then when you bring a "symbol" with that option into the drawing it will be automatically converted into a PIO or a Group.  BUT, it will no longer be a symbol and if you change it, it will only change that instance and not every instance in the drawing.

For items already in the drawing, you can use the Modify:Convert to Plug-in Object or Convert to Group menu commands to do the same thing.