Wall component issue

SarahISO

Question

Hi!

I am having an issue that occurs frequently but not all the time. The models I create have corrugated walls which I create using the 'create wall recess' tool (image1) most of the time I can add windows/doors/ openings to the walls normally without issue, however sometimes when I add these features or other wall components they will not integrate into the wall properly and create a flat area externally and sit on top of the wall make-up (Image2). When in 3d view the window and wall is shown how it should be (Image3), it only appears to show up a problem in 2d mode. 

Any ideas why this could be, am I missing a setting which could resolve this?

Thanks in advance. 

Image1.png

Image2.png

Image 3.png

3 answers to this question

Hi Sara

I haven't used wall recess' tool much and think its meant to take out parts of a wall. I think there are issues when the recesses ar close to wall ends and corners.

Maybe it would be easier to model your wall as an inner part with the wall tool and use simple extrudes for the outer corrugated part? You will then have to adjust the cladding every time a window is changed but it should not be complicated. 

Here is an example of a building we are currently designing with a cladding that has some profiles on part of the wall. 

Skjermbilde 2019-01-23 kl. 09.12.40.png

Skjermbilde 2019-01-23 kl. 09.15.51.png