Cross Platform/Unhappy PCs

BK

I work in an office that utilizes Vectorworks on about 6 different machines. One of which is a MAC platform (5 PCs and a G5). When we open files to view on our respective machines, there are many small changes and elements seem to be a bit out of wack. For example:

I opened a file (on PC) that had been created on another machine (a PC). The callout boxes had text spilling out of them. The callout boxes on one side of the drawing (and only one side), had the text flipped upside down. Now when going to view on the originating machine, it looks perfectly normal.

This also becomes a problem for files that were created on PC and being viewed/edited by a MAC and vice versa. These 2 PCs (in question) are comprable in hardware and software. Is there something I can look for that might be causing this? Do file elements change when they are being stored/transferred on a server?

Please advise....

yeah, we had issued a packet of standard fonts that all machines (using vectorworks) have installed and we now use those fonts all across the board. So all drawings and all machines use the same font for the same applications in each file. Besides, how does that explain the text flipping upside down? Any other possible suggestions? [Confused]

Barry,

Make sure you have identical fonts (at least the ones being used by VW) on all machines. Any remapping from one font to another, even between font families (say from Garamond Narrow to Garamond Light, or even between Helvetica and Helvetica Bold) can have unpredictable results.

Good luck,