Wish List for Slab Drainage Tool

Hey so I'm working on the water evacuation system of a terrace, and I've encountered a problem that I believe is impossible to solve with the slab drainage tool:

20190121_115616.thumb.jpg.ec37646de80b83fec164ce415a300350.jpg

This is a quick sketch of what the slab looks like. Now here comes the problem: This terrace is on the first floor, so the sides of the slab you see here need to be joined to the concrete slab of the first floor of the house. To do so without creating an insulation problem with the heated rooms below, this joint needs to be done using "thermal consoles" (or I don't know how you call them in english, basically 8cm thick insulation panels with steel beams, capable of carrying the weight of the terrace just like normal concrete).

Thing is, these thermal consoles have a fixed height, and can only be joined to a slab with the exact thickness matching this height. So all the sides of my terrace slab need to be exactly 22cm thick.

So what I would want to do in VW would be to somehow tell the program "OK so all the sides of this slab are 22cm thick, the drain is 7cm lower, please adjust the slopes so they match these requirements". With the slab drainage tool, I can adjust the desired maximum thickness value of the slab, the altitude of the drain, and the slopes by hand. The point is, I have no way to ultimately fix the thickness of the edges of the slab and have the slopes calculated by VW, I can only fix the slopes and then have the thickness calculated, which is useless to me here.

So if anyone has a solution for this (other than creating a 3D-Object counterpart to my slab and then use the "substract 3D Object from slab" command), please let me know.

If there is no real solution, then I'd like to know where I can add this feature to the wish lists for future versions of VW.

Also for the wish list: The automatic cotations of the slopes that are generated by the slab drainage tool are impossible to move around properly, and the only way to edit them somehow is through classes. I'd like to be able to edit them like normal text characters, that would make everything much easier.

Edited by Phileas

@Hans-Olav Embarrassing confession time: This is exactly what I wanted to do this whole time, but it never actually crossed my mind to try and right-click the blue handles. I right-clicked the drain probably 250 times, but never thought of trying to click the handles 😞 I feel stupid lmao

Thanks man you saved me again, if I could I'd like your comments ten times 😉

• Like 1