Design Layer Dims on 3D not displaying properly in opengl veiwport

lgoodkind

Question

I'm trying to dimension a 3D object - I've placed the dimensions on the design layer in an isometric view.  I then created a viewport on a sheet layer.  When rendered in anything other than wireframe or hidden line the dimensions are all messed up with overlapping text.  The hidden line view takes FOREVER to generate.  Is this a known issue?  Also wonder how you control the size of the font this way?  It is tiny even though the viewport and design layer are at same scale.

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 12.14.23 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 12.14.43 PM.jpg

Edited by lgoodkind

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, lgoodkind said:

I'm trying to dimension a 3D object - I've placed the dimensions on the design layer in an isometric view.  I then created a viewport on a sheet layer.  When rendered in anything other than wireframe or hidden line the dimensions are all messed up with overlapping text.  The hidden line view takes FOREVER to generate.  Is this a known issue?

Which version of VW are you using? I couldn't replicate the issue in brief testing with VW2019 (but then I couldn't get dimension markers to show properly in the render modes you mentioned either). Have you tried switching fonts? It may be font specific.

Kevin