Using truss for motor points instead of house points?

Bhel

Hey everyone,

I am trying to use a truss grid I built to fly motors that support truss beneath it with all the fixtures. The house point layout is just lacking for some tight clusters of points I need to fly scenic. I am not sure the technical term for this process of flying motors off truss.

I am having a hard time getting the motors to orientate correctly. I don't want the motors to snap to the truss they are being rigged to because then it assumed the point is going to the ceiling. I have gone into 3D and adjusting the orientate and hook length to appear as to do the job I am trying to accomplish. My problem is I can't seem to just copy and paste the hoist and add in the rest because every time it wants to snap to the truss I want to fly it from. I want to cut down on the time it takes to add in these hoists. I am also not sure if the hoist doesn't snap to the truss then VWX won't think the motor is truly attached to anything and not just some random floating motor.

I tried to turn off snapping and it seemed to help but I still had to spend some time adjusting it further.

Any suggestions?