I have a question.  I updated Vision to 2019 service pack 1 today and have noticed something odd that has never happened before.  Vision seems to not respond unless I move the mouse on my computer.  Has anyone ran into that before?  I didn't use to do it.  I am running on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.  

Thanks

@thelightingguy I'm not sure if you were working with our tech support already or not, but I did hear about a customer who was having this issue (it just may have been you! hahaah). I believe they worked around the issue by switching DMX Providers?? (I have no idea why this would ever fix it, but it did seem to work around the issue for the time being.)

One piece of information that I didn't receive was that it seems you are able to reproduce this in Vision 2019 SP1 but not in Vision 2019 SP0? Is that true? If so, it drastically helps us narrow down where the problem may be. FWIW, as well, I would recommend updating to Vision 2019 SP2 as it fixed a performance issue with SP1 involving multiple selections.

I've had this same problem when using sACN, the workaround I found was either using Artnet or restarting the App n number of times until it was OK. JIRA has already been generated on my side a coupe of months ago...

• Like 1

Thanks.  I updated to SP1 today and this is the first time I have seen it.  I didn't see the SP2 but I can try that and let you know if its still there.  I am using sACN which I would like to continue to do from and ION console.  The whole building runs on it so I wanted to try and keep that instead of Artnet.  

Hey @thelightingguy try turning off auto graphics switching. Occasionally, the macbook pros aren't sure which one to use. Go to System Preferences>Energy Saver and uncheck the box, then launch Vision.

• Like 1