Window and Door Schedule Problems

I have been using Vectorworks for a while but this is the first time I have created a schedule for doors and windows. I know a few basics but am having problems with a few key issues.

1. Windows and doors are showing up multiple times in my reports. 

2. I have labeled my windows with letters as is the standard convention, however, the ID is saying that they are all labeled 01 in the window schedule.

3. I tried to sort my doors by ascending value, at which point the door numbers or "marks" simply disappeared. How do I make them show up again?

Thanks,

Kristin

1. Objects in viewports as well as on design layers show up in schedules by default. You probably want to check your criteria and either specify the exact layer(s) that have the original of the windows and doors, or specifically  exclude the layers that have the viewports.

2.  Good find.

3. Are sure that your sorted the column and did not SUMmarize them? If you SUMmarize based on a column, data in other columns that is not identical for every object that has been SUMmarized shows up as just a dash in the cell. If the data is identical for all the SUMmarized object that data will show. If you Sum Values it will add up all of the values in the column.

Thank you! With your help, I was able to work through these issues. Another question: I have been labeling my windows with letters. I label each similar window with the same letter; however, on my schedule, the window is listed as many times as it appears in the model. Is there any way to have, say, window D listed once with a column that lists the quantity?  So instead of having three entries for window D, I have one entry with a quantity listed as 3?

From what I know you can't add a comments field to a database.   Window and door objects have about 10 user fields in their datasets that you can type your own information into.  Add this text to the column criteria ='Door'.'UserFld1' . 
This is easily done by right clicking on the grey area in the worksheet where the column headings are.  Click on the option to edit the report.  At the bottom of the you can add fields to the report.

Good Luck

Record Format.JPG