Data Tag - Room Finishes - Space Tool

The broken space tool in VW 2019 is really messing up our drawing production because we cannot control the visibility of multiple spaces by classes.  That is how we linked finishes information to the space tool. 

Has anyone successfully implemented the data tag tool to annotate room finishes?  This is as far as I was able to get, but it seems to call out the description as well as the symbol for the finish?  Test Room Finish Data Tag.vwx

Any ETA of SP3 for 2019?  We are over two months since SP2 was rolled out.  The image below is an example of what I would like to do with a data tag?

553273438_ScreenShot2019-01-17at12_39_11PM.thumb.png.f85eed04c1ab42e12b8f8621cfa3428c.png

Edited by cberg

I've had problems trying to use the my old space labels as well as trying to move to the new data tag system.  I've asked two people at Vectorworks to show me a working document and/or procedure for using the new data tags to fill a room finish schedule.  I haven't had any response.

I'm at a loss

• Like 1

Thank you for responding.  I too am at a loss as to what to do.  The space tool has been broken for such a long amount of time, since the VW2019 release in September.  Four months is a very long time to wait without a fix on something that is critical to our workflow.  And there doesn't appear to be any sort of workaround. 

Edited by cberg
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @cberg-

Oh, the Space tool. There is a way to do this but its hidden. The parameters of each finish "key" are there in the space but they don't show up in the dropdown menu of the space's object parameters. I am not sure why this is true. I have built a data tag that is set up like the image you provided. I don't believe there is a separate trim finish in the space, only a base finish, so that parameter isn't included, but all the others are.

Let me know how this works!

Finish Data Tag.vwx

Edited by sbarrett
Edited the file
  • Like 1

It works very well.  I had to change the space name to the custom space name field.  I assigned the trim to Custom User Field  #1, but I am able to get usable finish plans. The jury is out as to whether multiple space tags work better (since you have to edit the space to edit the finishes) but this at least gives me a path forward for our finish plans.  

Thank you again!