student licence expired

Filippa

Question

Hi,

I am a student and I have trouble opening my Vectorworks due to an 'expired' account. I should have student status until 07/09/2019.

I have uploaded my student ID again, and redownloaded Vectorworks but still no luck. Can someone please let me know how / who I should contact to fix this?

Many Thanks!

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It looks like your license was indeed approved for another year, when you try to launch Vectorworks now, it doesn't open all the way? Or are you just seeing a 30 day expiry notice and then it opens as expected?

If so, after that 30 days expires, it will switch over to the new date (Which is probably sometimes in December 2019) automatically.

Thanks for answering!

It starts to open and then I get a pop-up saying "Vectorworks cannot be activated because your software license has expired". Then I only have the option to press 'ok' and then the Vectorworks opens for a second before shutting down completely. 

do I need to redownload? could I have the wrong serial number? 

Thanks. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You may be able to just perform this procedure:

Rather than reinstalling. Vectorworks should then ask for your latest serial number. If it does not, or if it gives you a similar error after you enter the serial number, contact tech@vectorworks.net directly and send them the last 6 of the serial number you are trying to use.

(Note: Do not post your serial number here.)

• Like 1