Stageline symbols bugging out.

mreadshaw

All the stageline symbols are bugging out. If I add the symbol to the drawing it shows up as a group instead of a symbol. It also will only display in 2D or 3D, depending on which view I am in when it is added. If I add in plan view I can only see the 2d version even when I change to front, side, etc and the other way around if I start in one of those modes.

When I go find an older version of the symbol from a past drawing (Aug 2018) it works perfectly.

The symbol names are blue in the resource manager, what does that mean and is that the issue?

Thanks,

Matt

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @mreadshaw  The symbol is blue because it is a group.  That is what is causing the strange behavior.  You can edit the symbol in the resource manager so that it is a black symbol by doing the following steps:

-Right click on the symbol

-Click Edit Symbol Options

-Uncheck the box that says "Convert to Group" in Other Options which is about 2/3 of the way down the window

-Click okay

The symbol will turn to a black symbol and behave as intended.  Let me know if you have any questions.