Site Model Set Up Building and Hardscape features disappear

JBG

Question

Hi,

I am building a model and after I have created a site model of the terrain, the buildings, trees etc. (except windows and doors) cannot be seen when in 3D (any render type).  They are still there in essence but the render disappears so it looks as though the windows are floating. I have ensured that the class is visible. I have tried to change the class of the buillding and the render type in case there is a bug in these.  I have created a similar model for another project since and there wasn't an issue.  Do you think that there is a bug in this file or am I doing something wrong?

TIA

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
17 hours ago, JBG said:

Hi,

I am building a model and after I have created a site model of the terrain, the buildings, trees etc. (except windows and doors) cannot be seen when in 3D (any render type).  They are still there in essence but the render disappears so it looks as though the windows are floating. I have ensured that the class is visible. I have tried to change the class of the buillding and the render type in case there is a bug in these.  I have created a similar model for another project since and there wasn't an issue.  Do you think that there is a bug in this file or am I doing something wrong?

TIA

Hi TIA,

Sounds like a bug. Could be either a rendering issue or something else...

Could you please add a bug about it and/or provide the problematic file?

Thanks!

Bobi

Hi,

Thanks for your help Bobi.

I got a reply from the VW tech support company here in the UK. They suggested that "The drawing is too far away from the internal Vectorworks origin. To rectify this if you go to Tools > Origin > Center Drawing on Internal Origin. This should resolve the issue."

I did this and it did resolve the problem, however, I do think that there is a bug in the file as I still had to remake some of the hardscape areas to get them to show but it's all sorted now. Thanks again.

Jane