Multiple tabs open, original tab not responding

MartinFahrer

Question

I have had this issue since they started doing tabs.  I often open a second tab to maybe copy and paste to current drawing, or move a created resource to my "new drafting template" file.  

The original drawing doesn't respond, I zoom in and out and see percentages changing but not the drawing.  Nothing responds.  I have to close and open to be able to manipulate the file.

This has gone on since 2016? maybe.  All I know is that it started when they implemented tabs and has NOT been fixed after several years.

I have 2 questions

1- This is a known issue, can this be bumped up to #1 priority to fix. It's annoying, slows down my work flow, and the only program I use with tabs that has this issue.

2- Anyone have a work around so this doesn't happen so often??

Thanks

2 answers to this question

I have had this issue on an irregular basis.  I am in one tab with multiple documents open, I click on the second tab and my view adjusts to the 2nd documents view however I cannot do anything at this point. All assets in navigation and object info remain in 1st documents views.  I cannot navigate anywhere within 2nd document.  Additionally cannot save 2nd document unless 1st document is closed.  Are there any known fixes to this issue or work arounds so I can still have 2 documents open to work between without closing and restarting vectorworks?