Keynote legend in more than one place

There must be a way to do this that I'm not seeing.

Can a Keynote Legend appear in more than one Layer?  For example:  I'd like the callouts that appear as keynotes to be common for electrical notes across all the floors of the project.  So a GFCI note on the first floor has the same number as a GFCI note on the second floor.

Short of using a viewport to place the keynote legend on different sheet layers, is there a way to make the keynote legend "live" on different layers.  Like a worksheet or symbol would behave if there were two instances.

3 hours ago, michaelk said:

Short of using a viewport to place the keynote legend on different sheet layers, is there a way to make the keynote legend "live" on different layers.  Like a worksheet or symbol would behave if there were two instances.

This would be really good however I haven't found a way of doing it. I tend to have all keynote legends specific to the sheet they are on. (I don't put them on design layers).

I have recently started making project specific notes databases and adding notes to it as I annotate. I can then draw these notes from the database to use on other sheets. They don't automatically update across the file however...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just posted this on another thread, but maybe someone here can help.

Today I am getting a related problem - that has never happened before. I use the Call Out Tool and then place the notes in a Keynote Legend. I'll do one per Sheet Layer. The drawing has numbered symbols that relate to the Keynote Legend.

Yesterday and today VW decides it wants to keep all notes on one Keynote Legend even though I've specifically selected the Keynote Legend for that Sheet Layer. Then the file got corrupted (I think) and I had to go back to an earlier version (thank you DropBox) and start over.

Can anyone lend any help? This is ruining today's productivity. I've corrected the file and used General Notes on some sheets just to get this project out the door!

Thanks

Simply put...

1. I created a Keynote Legend from Call Outs (Floor Plan notes). The call outs are located within VPs (the numbers with leader arrows). The Legend is on the (Floor Plan) Sheet Layer, but not in a VP.

2. I created another Keynote Legend from Call Outs (Interior Elevations) on another Sheet Layer (Interior Elevations) and linked them to the Legend on the same Sheet Layer.

3. Those Call Outs appeared in the Keynote Legend on the first Sheet Layer (Floor Plan) even though I selected them an linked them to the second legend (Interior Elevations).

4. I started getting additional notes, gaps and the keynote legend renumbering itself.

Maybe my problem is I moved the first Keynote Legend to another Sheet Layer. However, that was never a problem before.

At that point, I couldn't correct it, VW crashed and I needed to get the job out the door. Funny, I've done this many times by having a unique Keynote Legend on a Sheet with notes connected just to that Legend. (i.e. First Floor Plan and First Floor Play Key Notes...and so on.).