Help with Page Set-Up needed

pika_pika_pika

Question

Hi,

I am on a Mac OX Sierra 10.12.6 using Vectorworks Fundamentals 2014. I've started experiencing problems with Page Set-Up. My printer is set to A4 (297 x 210mm) as standard. In Vectorworks, when setting up my page to print, in the Page Setup dialogue box the page's width and height are set to horizontal 1 and vertical,  but showing 276.2 x 197.2mm under "Printable Area"  - a lot smaller than A4. When I try correcting the Printable Area to 297 x 210 (or just under), the values under "Pages" change to more than 1, resulting in multiple pages, see screen shots below. What is going on and how can I get the printable area to A4 printing on a single page? 

1. Screenshot 2019-01-15 page set up correct on desktop.png

2. Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 1 and 1 the page size is less than A4 though.png

4. Screenshot 2019-01-15 Adjusting to 297 x 210 makes creates extra empty pages.png

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Its related to how the printer definites it's page sizes on Mac, setting it to Custom lets you control it rather than rely on the defaults. You almost always want to be overriding the defaults because they sometimes have arbitrary margins.

If you set it to "Any Printer" you can make your own defaults and then never worry about the specifics when going from printer to printer.

3 minutes ago, Jim Wilson said:

Its related to how the printer definites it's page sizes on Mac, setting it to Custom lets you control it rather than rely on the defaults. You almost always want to be overriding the defaults because they sometimes have arbitrary margins.

Something is corrupt in that file because a fresh file gives me this (as it should):

1015139687_ScreenShot2019-01-15at12_15_54PM.thumb.png.8b0ab7d8a05dd469242cdde8da5fe999.png