3D Wheelchair

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately not much luck so far.

Importing from 3D warehouse sketch ups 2018 files are either damaged or corrupted. 2017 versions import but crashed vectorworks 2019 several times. Eventually have imported by not crashing but can only be seen in plan view in design layer but can be seen 3D in viewport. However model is not solid and is made of mesh lines only. Tried importing under different settings without much success.

Trying Grab Cad but can not find a sketchup or vectorworks format.

I will keep trying. 

Disappointed that vectorworks do not have a simple 3D or even 2D of a wheelchair in architectural objects - a discrimination!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There is a new wheelchair in the May 2019 VSS release under Entourage>Vehicles>_Mobility Vehicles that also has the ADA turning radius class with a circle.  There are also some mobility scooters in there as well.

On 5/31/2019 at 10:22 AM, JustinVH said:

There is a new wheelchair in the May 2019 VSS release under Entourage>Vehicles>_Mobility Vehicles that also has the ADA turning radius class with a circle.  There are also some mobility scooters in there as well.

Thanks @JustinVH . I downloaded it and will no doubt find it quite useful; however, note that the 5'-0" turning circle diameter measured at 4'-8 1/4" (??). I edited the 2D portion of the symbol and changed it to 60". 😉

Here is a wheelchair from Su. I took a very lightweight one. Imports and works fine in VW but I will add the skp file as I have an edu version of VW. When importing make sure to tick Create Renderworks Textures for all Materials then you can swap out the material as required. Also note it will create a Layer0 class as the class is created from the associated layer name in Su.

All textures.JPG

wchair.JPG

Wheelchair.skp

Edited by barkest
  • 11 months later...