Save and Commit

ThreeDot

Question

This happens often: 

I'm working on a shared project file. I finish my edits, hit command+s to save, then command+q to quit Vectorworks. Then I get this alert: Vectorworks reminds me that I have layers or objects checked out, and they have not been committed. Thanks, but I can't do anything about it! If I hit OK, the file closes and Vectorworks quits. If I hit ESC, the file closes and Vectorworks quits. At this point, there is no way to avoid closing and quitting. If I want to commit changes, I have to re-launch Vectorworks, open the file, save and commit changes, then close and quit. It would be so simple and helpful if this alert allowed a user to save and commit changes on the spot or, at minimum, cancel the operation.

Little considerations like this would be incredibly helpful. Little things like this are incredibly frustrating.

527110759_ScreenShot2019-01-14at5_42_30PM.thumb.png.c0f8ec5b12602509457ffe46183ff753.png

Edited by ThreeDot
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

Yes, whatever process let this dialogue into the shipping product needs to change.

I end up creating a second workspace that maps command+s to save and commit and switch to it (mostly) when working in teams.

Not optimal either due to various reasons.

Even worse it's been this way over 2 years.

Edited by Matt Overton