VW 2019 Crash on Quit

khumenny

Question

14 answers to this question

Guest Paulo Ferrari

@Tmorgan So, Can you Resetting Vectorworks Preferences.

The preferences, plant database, workspaces (etc.) are located in the HD > Users > (User's Home Folder) > Library > Application Support > Vectorworks > 2019 folder. 

The Library folder for your User account is hidden. The easiest way to display it is to open Finder, then hold down the alt/option key on your keyboard while clicking "Go" from the menu bar, then selecting "Library" 

1) Go to this folder found in 'HD > Users > (User's Home Folder) > Library > Application Support > Vectorworks' (I Will Recommend Back Up This folder (2019) First, in other folder) Delete the 2019 Folder

2) Empty the trash, then reboot your computer. If the trash will not empty because a file is in use, reboot before emptying it again.

Ps: I edited this information above, from this article.

Guest Paulo Ferrari

@Tmorgan Copy your older folder (2019) That I recommended backup in (HD > Users > (User's Home Folder) > Library > Application Support > Vectorworks) . And your templates, blocks and user settings come back.

Sorry, if I have any Idea to help you in this case, I Will share with you.

Edited by Paulo Ferrari
Guest Paulo Ferrari

@Tmorgan But it's very strange this problem. I have Vectorworks 2019 since SP0, in both System (Windows and Mac), and this problem never happened with me.

My Mac Specs, it's huge worst that your MacBook.

Captura de Tela 2019-07-25 às 16.44.59.png

Edited by Paulo Ferrari
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Tmorgan,

When you say that you get the spinning ball for "a long time", how long have you left it?  If you leave it for longer, does it ever close without having to force quit?

Please can you try running the repair tool.  This will be found in the program folder which by default can be located in Applications > Vectorworks 2019 > Vectorworks 2019 Updater > Advanced Options > hold Alt/Option and click Repair.