Design Layer Viewports causing numerous graphics issues

line-weight

Question

Is this just something I find? Or am I doing something wrong?

For some years I've treated design layer viewports with caution because they just seem to cause trouble. I thought I'd have a go with one today to see if such fears were still justified. It's a section viewport, sitting on its own design layer. See the screen recording. All I want to do is draw some lines, snapping to the geometry in the DLVP. You can see the purple lines I'm trying to draw. Apart from the fact that the selection box for the DLVP is flickering on and off which is pretty distracting - drawing and resizing those lines is so glitchy it's unusable. You can see they disappear, or re-appear in previous locations, or show up as ghost lines. In addition the hidden line geometry in the DLVP is a mess, with certain lines flicking in and out of view when I zoom in and out.

What's going on?

5 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, David S said:

Can I ask if those lines are being applied in the annotation of the viewport? @line-weight

No, they are being drawn in the same design layer as the DLVP.

As a bit of an update to my problems: I have realised that ticking 'display flattened' in the viewport OIP makes the viewport viewable in top plan view, and if I view it in top-plan view, I can then add lines as I'm trying to do above, but without having any issues. So that solves it for my immediate use case - but it seems like something is not right, if viewing the DLVP in the way I am in my screen recording.