khumenny

Flyover On Centre Mouse Click

Question

This is the ONLY thing I miss from Sketchup... easy 3D navigation. (Apple magic mouse)

Also would be good to use left hand gestures on a magic trackpad, pinch zoom / two finger rotate, etc.

6 answers to this question

You should have a look at the 3DConnexion space mouse. These make 3D maneuvering a breeze in Vectorworks. I have both the wireless and enterprise. 

Rob

Uncheck Mouse-wheel zooms in Vectorworks Preferences. That should give you something near to what you are looking for.....

rgcn, the Rhino guys I worked with in film used those but I never tried one with VW, good to hear you say it works well. That might be the answer.

@khumenny I use a 3d connexion space navigator with Rhino, it's great, new to VW and it seems to work ok too, I think I need more time to master it in VW 👍

For me Space Navigator doesn't work ok in VW.

a) I don't like that it switches Modes (Walkthrough vs Flyover) for Perspective vs Orthogonal

b) It is not able to use Flyover Tools Settings for Rotation Center, Middle of View especially)

like any other App, but always rotates around origin.

(Which is almost never suitable in my cases)

Edited by zoomer

@khumenny, like @rgcn and (most) others, I quite like my 3DConnexion gear. I had a Spacemouse Navigator (wireless) for a couple of years and have made the jump to a Spacemouse Enterprise. I suspect that you'd like using a Spacemouse too.

• Like 1