Design Layers Box has changed

John Holloway

Question

I'm not sure what happened, the Design Layer box from the menu always worked before, but now it doesn't work with any file even after restarting everything several times.  I can still get to the layers from the tools menu, so they are still there.  All the layers have the same scale, which I read may make a difference.  The top of the image shows what I get from the Tools menu and choosing organization from the menu.  Before I was able to access layers from the drop down menu.  What's up?

248286685_VWissue.thumb.png.d7e14c6a919dc1482c7356165f364ee1.png

6 answers to this question

It's 2017. I think this may have something to do with 3d vs 2d.  I'm working in 2d.  Clicking on the eye/pane symbol changes the view from top/plan to top.  It seems like several things on that bar are different, but really I never thought much about what's there unless I use it all the time.  TOP RIGHT BUTTON!!! GOT IT, THANKS.

Edited by John Holloway

You are missing the Layer Dropdown box.

Normally it exists between the Classes and the Layer Plane switch Dropdowns.

As BCD illustrated, on the right end of that bar there is a small arrow which allows

you to change or de/activate certain Tools in the Bar.

Open that Settings Menu and check the checkmarks, if "Layer" is activated ....