Chinese (Simplified) between Vectorworks and AutoCAD

I have a problem with Chinese fonts... When importing an AutoCAD DWG file (with chinese text) into Vectorworks 11... None of them appear!! or are scrambled... (this depends on the DWG format version)

Furthermore, when I conversely export a VW11 file (with chinese text) to DWG and import this to AutoCAD,... they're scrambled!!!

I 'need' to exchange files between AutoCAD users and myself with VW11 (Mac OS)... with Simplified Chinese text information...

Can anyone please help?????? thanks [Frown]

I can't say for sure about Chinese characters, but this might help; VW and the rest of the civilized world doesn't use ACAD shx fonts and will substitute them with system fonts. If you make sure that the ACAD file is initially using system fonts they should transfer without mishap.

You may have to, in ACAD, go to Options, File tab and expand the entry "Support file search path" If there is no line item there enabling the program to use the system font folder then click the Add button and browse to the correct folder to enable those font choices.

Hope that works.