Dimensioning Standards

Hi guys, I'm working on a standard dimension for my office, let's call it SW_DIM_STD. I have created it and it now exists within my three template files that our office work will use. Is there a way that the custom dimension style can live within the office workgroup, not just each individual template? The way that I see it, if the dimension style is updated within one file, it will not update across all files. Although it is great to have the ability to have custom dimension styles in each drawing file, is there a way to update SW_DIM_STD without manually doing so in each template file?

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

I’m not sure if it would work but if a symbol was created which had within its geometry a custom dimension style and the symbol was saved in a workgroup location, it could then be imported into any file. I don’t know though if an out of date version of the dimension style was already in the file wether it would update.

I have to say tho that we have created some office standard dimension styles which are in our templates and we have rarely ever had to change them.