domer1322

Texture image change

Question

If I made a texture using an image from a jpeg file, then I deleted the original jpeg file, is there a way to recover the original image file from the texture ?   That is ... I want to make a change to the image file, but the image file is deleted and all that remains is the texture.    I understand I could apply the texture to something and make an export of the object, but that seems to have problems with resolution and an inaccurate representation of the original image due to lighting affects.

Is there an easy solution ?   I figure there must be a "hidden" file of the original image somewhere inside the VW file, but don't know how to find it.

3 answers to this question

Right click on the texture in the resource manager and select “extract image”

thanks ... but .....   I have VW 2015 and when I right click I do not get an option for "extract image".

Any other suggestions ?

OOps .... sorry .... you were right Markdd.  I figured out how to do it .....   it was so easy if you know what to do.