Data Tags Not Updating At Export

GlueDT92

Question

I have a couple of stock data tag styles embedded in my title block to show date & time but I just noticed that they don't update to the current date time when I export a sheet layer, they show the date & time that I originally inserted them into the title block. The only way I have found so far to force an update is to edit the tag data. Is there a way to have this happen automatically (like the old data stamp tool used to do)? 

Simon

9 answers to this question

You can always use the old Data Stamp tool which should still be in the Dims/Notes toolset. If its not then you can add it to your workspace using the Tools>Workspaces menu command. This should update fine when you run the publish command. (at least it used to!)

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 1/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, GlueDT92 said:

In the meantime is there anything I can do or another tool I can use that will automatically refresh at export?

Also, if you want to have only the date, you could use the Current Plot Date field in Sheet Data of the Title Block Border. It will update automatically, if it is set to any of the "Auto" values and reset is selected in the export.