GlueDT92

Data Tags Not Updating At Export

Question

I have a couple of stock data tag styles embedded in my title block to show date & time but I just noticed that they don't update to the current date time when I export a sheet layer, they show the date & time that I originally inserted them into the title block. The only way I have found so far to force an update is to edit the tag data. Is there a way to have this happen automatically (like the old data stamp tool used to do)? 

Simon

9 answers to this question

Try having the "Reset all plug-in objects.......' checked in your Export PDF settings when you publish.

image.thumb.png.d706f3b7878e1bc026c50ba0c3e95328.png

• Like 1

Just now, GlueDT92 said:

Was already checked in my export settings 😞

- What Data Tags are you using? Could you attach a sample file?

Attached is a sample file. In this one, the data tag is embedded in the "Revised" stamp in the top right corner, not in the title block.

Data Tag.vwx

• Like 1

Thanks for the file. I see that you are using the new Data Tag.

It seems like it is not being reset on export and that is why its date is not being updated, which is a bug. We will look into this.

Thanks for the feedback! 🙂

Thanks Nikolay!

In the meantime is there anything I can do or another tool I can use that will automatically refresh at export? It's going to get pretty tedious if I have to edit the tag every time I export a file!

Simon

You can always use the old Data Stamp tool which should still be in the Dims/Notes toolset. If its not then you can add it to your workspace using the Tools>Workspaces menu command. This should update fine when you run the publish command. (at least it used to!)

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, GlueDT92 said:

In the meantime is there anything I can do or another tool I can use that will automatically refresh at export?

Also, if you want to have only the date, you could use the Current Plot Date field in Sheet Data of the Title Block Border. It will update automatically, if it is set to any of the "Auto" values and reset is selected in the export.

In the meantime you could also try Tools < Utilities < Update Plug-In Objects right before exporting.

• Like 2