DBLD

Keyboard shortcuts

Hi 

I feel that it would be really good for Vision to use the same keyboard shortcuts as Vectorworks which would make moving between the two softwares more seamless.

Cheers,

Dan

We try to use the same shorts wherever possible but there are only a few tools that are the same between both applications.

@DBLD I spent a decent amount of time in the 2018 release getting the shortcuts and mouse movements to line up.

For example, spacebar boomerang-activates the pan tool in VW and Vision. Middle click also activates the orbit tool in both VW and Vision. I believe we are both using the same key for toggle multiple viewports as well (even though Vision can only do 1 or 4 currently). Obviously things like Undo/Redo/Cut/Copy/Paste should be the same in both programs as well.

If there are any shortcuts in particular you find are inconsistent, please open a JIRA ticket and we will work on getting those issues resolved!

2 hours ago, bbudzon said:

please open a JIRA ticket and we will work on getting those issues resolved!

This is a general forum. Many visitors here wouldn't have access to Jira.