How to make tittle block showing different scale on different sheets?

Hi all, 

I'm currently having some trouble to make the scale show properly in tittle block on each sheet layer. 

I have three A1 sheets. One is site plan showing the drawing at 1 : 1000, the second one shows the drawings 1 : 250, and the third one shows the drawing at 1 : 100. I have used  a tittle block (inserted on sheet layer). Through editing tittle block layout I made sure that the 'Scale' section is linked to 'sheet data.scale'. So I'm hoping by changing the sheet data (the scale part) each sheet will show the scale respectively. However, when I change the scale in sheet data all the sheets will have the scale I changed. It looks like it's a default value assigned to all sheets...

The tittle block is VAA-TB horiz style with customised logo and company information. I'm not sure if it's a problem with sheet data management or it's a problem with tittle block ...

If I can't do this way, can anyone let me know how to set up the manual entry? Thanks!

Thanks @Hamo This is useful. I put scale bar on the actual drawing and it does help when the drawing is printed on various paper size people still can read it.

With the tittle block I also found out the problem. When I change the scale of the sheet data, I should only go 'right click tittle block-setting-sheet data', instead of 'right click tittle block-editing plug-in style' which I have been doing...Because if I edit the style it will wipe off the project-specific data and insert one default data carried by the style.