Hide line in rectangle

Joana Rzepa

I am drawing a 2D plan with rectangles. I want 3 of the sides to have lines but one side not. I also want to fill in the rectangle using the polygon tool, for which it needs to be joined up. Is there a way of having a filled in rectangle with only 3 lines visible? I've tried making the 4th line white so its invisible but when I fill it in, the line reappears. 

Really basic question no doubt as I am completely new to Vectorworks.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks 

Jo 

Actually there is a really cool way.

Select the rectangle.  Modify > Convert > Convert to Polygon.

Now double click the rectangle to get the reshape tool.  use the last mode.  Click on the middle handle of any side to make that line go invisible.

You can do this with any polygon or poly line.  Rectangles just need to be created as a polygon or converted to a polygon first.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Joana Rzepa said:

I also want to fill in the rectangle using the polygon tool, for which it needs to be joined up. Is there a way of having a filled in rectangle with only 3 lines visible? I've tried making the 4th line white so its invisible but when I fill it in, the line reappears. 

48 minutes ago, michaelk said:

Actually there is a really cool way.

Select the rectangle.  Modify > Convert > Convert to Polygon.

Now double click the rectangle to get the reshape tool.  use the last mode.  Click on the middle handle of any side to make that line go invisible.

You can do this with any polygon or poly line.  Rectangles just need to be created as a polygon or converted to a polygon first.

If your shape was created by the Polygon tool (possibly paint bucket mode?) MichaelK's method will work without conversion. The objects created by the paint bucket and other fill modes of the Polygon tool are already polygons or polylines.

Kevin