SITE MODEL NOT WORKING

Hello, how do I get the rendering or the fill mode to the site model? I did follow everything else and was able to make a 3d but when I used every texture, all I get are the lines and not the actual textures. I'm not really used to this but please refer to screenshots. Also, how do I design on my 3d model? it automatically sits on the plane area and not on the terrain (model). I wanted to create site modifiers (pad and grade limits) but it doesn't really work. Please help me. It's my nth time stuck on repeat, no progress at all.

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 1.04.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 9.59.27 PM.png

Hello good day! More queries again, still the same for site modifiers. I can't seem to draw on the surface of the terrain. I already tried "Send to Surface" but none. Also, I am working on a 70ha school project and of course there is slow performance because of my laptop but is there a better way to design on the site model in cropped plans so it would be easier and faster?

and basically right now, I am drawing on the site model instead of a new layer.

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 10.13.47 AM.png

Lastly, I ended up drawing on 2d first before the site model because as of now, I'm already behind schedule and I think autocad will be easier for me but I don't want to go back and forth between the two softwares which is why I am trying to do everything in VW. What im trying to do, is it better though? - Drawings first before site model? I'm sorry for all the fuss and my confused brain here is also trying to catch up. I'm really interested on how far I could get with VW until Feb this year. I have so many questions and there's not a lot of students and professors from where I am whom I can ask about the workflows, basically starting from scratch atleast to the site model. The planting plan is one other thing. I hope you'll be patient with me. God bless.

On 1/10/2019 at 9:19 PM, Patricia Angelu said:

Hello good day! More queries again, still the same for site modifiers. I can't seem to draw on the surface of the terrain. I already tried "Send to Surface" but none. Also, I am working on a 70ha school project and of course there is slow performance because of my laptop but is there a better way to design on the site model in cropped plans so it would be easier and faster?

and basically right now, I am drawing on the site model instead of a new layer.

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 10.13.47 AM.png

Lets address the performance issue first. I have found that changing the scale from 1:100 to a larger scale can help in speed. One thing to keep in mind is what will your final presentation scale be. If you are going to be presenting at 1:500 I would make that my layer scale for all layers.

I don't know what interval you are using for the contours but you may want to change the detail here as well. For your work flow I generally work in top/plan and only switch to 3D to see what impacts my changes have on the model. If your shape shown above is a building I would sue the massing model and turn on the use as site modifier when setting this up. Hope this helps.

• Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...