David S

Slab tool colour grey??

image.thumb.png.29b36e6350f9a79bea02e61cdc3d9462.png

Happy New Year all.

I am playing with the AEC/Create objects from shapes/ tool (who knew!) and created a polygon and converted it to a slab. In open GL and "giving it swirlage" as we say here (spinning it round) it was ok (white colour and useable ) but when I revert to top plan it goes grey? Any idea why? (I tried the components but it didnt change)??

Many thanks D

Hi David,

Is that the original polygon you have selected there that's grey or is that the slab?

Wes

Hi Wes its the slab (which turned grey when it became a slab....)

Hi David,

Is the slab in a class with a grey texture?  Can you post a small file where this happens?

Wes

No I tried classes , didnt seem to make a difference....

Is the document at 1:1 scale? If you zoom in is it just that the hatching making it look grey? Do you have that spaces style fill as grey?

Thats odd when I do this in a new file its ok! But when I take an existing file select the existing floor, take its polygon and recreate this as a slab it goes grey. Also when I create a polygon in the existing file the slab goes grey too?? All polys on "None" class white fill  . Hmmm....

Aha Just attempted the same thing with a file definitely created in VW2019 and it's ok. The file behaving oddly was definitely created in 2018.....

Hi David,

Sometimes a restart is necessary to clear up gremlins...

Wes

image.thumb.png.a7b9d4d2d050c1e46c976961c3fa3913.png

I agree Wes . Gonna play around with this more tomorrow but I won't feed VW after midnight...... Nice feature.....