Speakers/Bumpers won't show up in VW 2019

Hey all,

First off, I am running Vectorworks 2019 Fundamentals and Render works with the Landru Plug In. Not Spotlight.

I've collected some data into an excel spreadsheet for speakers and bumpers, that I use on showsite (L' Acoustic, JBL, Meyer). I've added this spreadsheet to the Default Audio Tools folder for Vectorworks 2018, and it works great.

I've tried to add the same file to 2019, and nothing will show up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've attached the file for reference.

Thanks! 

AudioToolSetData.xml

@C. Andrew Dunning Hey Andrew,

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I've looked into the manual, and followed the right file path(Libraries\Defaults\Audio Tools). I think the problem lies within the upgrade to VW 2019. My VW 2018 works flawlessly with the speakers and bumpers I've added to the audio tool set XML file. All I did was copy that file, and paste to it the VW 2019 file path.

Would you mind double-checking/confirming that the location of your User Data ("User Folders" tab in the "Vectorworks Preferences" dialog) matches the folder(s) where you copied the XML file?  All versions of VW, from 2014 to current use the same XML file format (in-fact, you can freely copy the Library file back-and-forth if you wish) so the upgrade to 2019 should not present any issues, there.

I'll have to admit that you have me scratching my head a bit if the 2019 graphic you posted indeed matches your 2018 installation.  I was able to download and use the Library file you posted w/o issue.

Just to humor me, would you make a Library change under 2018 (like, add a "DeleteMe" box)...check the XML file date of the XML file in the 2018 location you expect VW to be using...copy that file to the 2019 location...and re-check the date?  Do the date checking w/o VW running.

Also, what build of the tools do you have installed?