MRD Mark Ridgewell

VW2019/ Switching between drawing windows/ tabs - a VW bug?

Question

A really useful function in VW  I find is the ability to have two/ multiple versions of a drawing open and being able to copy and 'paste in place' between them; great for producing option drawings.

However, slight annoyance is that in use, this function often ceases to work. I'm pretty sure there's a bug here, so you end up with the working window selected but any drawing/ editing is implemented on the 'non-selected' window. Anyone else getting this?

Work-around is to close and re-open VW or create symbols and import, but all very inconvenient in comparison to simple copy and paste function.

PS - I'm on latest service pack

6 answers to this question

I have experienced the same with two tabs open.  The tab is selected but you are in fact editing the other document, seems to happen particularly when swapping in and out of the resource manager.

Only solution is to close the original document.

Windows 10, VW2019 SP2

I have this listed as a fixed bug in 2019 SP0, I haven't personally experienced it again since then. Does this happen without fail daily, can it be made to happen on command, or is it sporadic?

I am unable to re-create it consistently, I will report here if it happens again.  To be honest it was pretty infrequent so it may have been fixed and I just haven't noticed

Hi,

This issue has just reoccurred. Can't seem to recreate it at will unfortunately. Multiple drawing windows are/ were open (in this case 4 or 5) and some of the drawings open were converted from older VW versions at some point. Nothing remarkable otherwise.

M

To confirm, this is 2019 SP2? If so, thank you, ill alert QA and see if they can recreate.

Same issue, on the phone with Tech support and they say it isn't a known issue.  Sporadic and can't always re create the problem.  Good to know I am no the only one.  Just curious is this a Windows 10 problem?  That is what I am running.  Following this and showing it to Tech support.