Adding BIM to symbols in Vectorworks

Hi Sam

If you are using the wall tool and the plug in objects (stair, windows, doors and so on) and export to IFC for others to receive, the BIM info is following over to the IFC file. 

You can design whatever you like as 3d objects and attach IFC info in the Object info palette via the data tab.

For walls and other building elements you can adjust the IFC info like fire rating, acoustic, type and manufacturer through the data pane in the  OIP

@Hans-Olav Hi Hans,

I am having a few problems trying to get the BIM information to show on the 3D symbol.

I imported an IFC from a manufacturer and then created an auto hybrid and then a symbol. However the BIM information is on the IFC model within the 3d symbol and auto hybrid. How can I move that Information on to the symbol which i've created?

Do you have any advise on this?

Thanks,

Sam

@Wes Gardner, I attached various Ifc data to light fixtures, plumbing fixtures etc. I created a report but it gives me a list of all items, How do I create reports per fixture types? Attached is the file and two images showing syntax in report. If I could get just a general syntax for light fixture and plumbing fixtures that would be great. See light fixture ifc data template I use but can't get proper syntax for  

Chaar Bathroom plans & int. elevations.vwx

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 14.41.00.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 14.41.12.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 14.46.44.png

Edited by Christian Fekete
more information to explain question