symo

Rendering using Plot & Model function

Hi there

Having issues when using the Plot & Model function in Spotlight - whereby I use a Definition Layer for each vertical truss (to show LX symbols in 2D viewports and to edit) then use the Model layer to show these vertical trusses in my Renders and Section Viewports. The issue Im having is that the lighting symbols on the vertical trusses arent pointing in the correct direction (Focus Point C in the attached plan). They show correctly in 3D views in the design layers - just not in the sheet layer viewports. In the attached file, go to the Saved View "Camera" to see the plan in a 3D view (with the symbols in the vertical trusses showing correctly) and then have a look at the "Front Section" Sheet Layer (where they point downwards).

Cheers in advance.

Model_and_plot_render_issue.vwx

I reported this as a bug a couple of months ago and it has been acknowledged as such by an engineer at Vectorworks. 

The issue is a really big problem for anyone trying to use sheet layers and the Create Plot and Model View function. I hope it gets fixed for SP3.

Hi Mark

Cheers for this.

Might need to go back to 2018 for the meantime. 

Symon

Hi all,

I can confirm the issue is fixed in the upcoming SP3. After updating the viewport, the render will be as expected.

Regards,

Yordan

• Like 1

Wonderful - cheers.

When is SP3 due for release??

3 minutes ago, symo said:

Wonderful - cheers.

When is SP3 due for release??

No public date so far, apologies.