Font Management (VW/MacOS)

Is there a simple way to manage the fonts available to individual applications? I thought I could set up font collections with Font Book and then specify which collection is to be used by which application. . .but I don't see how to do that.

Maybe we still have to do it the "old" (pre- OSX days) way with an unused fonts folder . . . ?

Yes you can do this with Font Book. This is what I do. Don't know if this is what you are supposed to do, but it works for me.

Create a collection of fonts in Font Book that you want to appear in VW.

Select the All Fonts collection and disable all fonts.

Select your VW collection and enable all fonts within that collection.

Launch VW and those selected fonts should appear.

Note that you must launch VW after making your font settings in Font Book.

Thanks, Kevin, I've been using Font Book like you describe. Only drawback is the change is system-wide. I was somehow under the impression that different collections from Font Book could be selected from within/or assigned to different applications. Or at least applications that paid attention to some OS setting or other.

I can't seem to find anything better, so I'll continue as you outlined. (Can't handle having 200+ fonts scroll by, as I'm sure you can imagine.)

[ 02-15-2005, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Travis ]