Datatag scaling

Not sure if this is possible, but i wanted to post it here first. I love the feature where symbols can be scaled proportionally to itself in order to provide the correct size of lettering for paper scale. One of the things that I do on my drawings is create a 1:1 scaled symbol, and then scale them proportionally to the drawing size. That means, if it is a 1/4"=1'-0" drawing - i scale that symbol 48 times - to get the same appearance as i would at paper scale. 

One of the many benefits of this feature is that I can share this with engineers or other architects that use Autocad. Unfortunately, when symbols are inserted in annotation, the drawing itself has to be exploded and scaled back again in model space. This is why the scale feature id design space is so useful. 

Here is the question - I want to do the same with a data tag tool - precisely for the same reasons. Currently, I've desiged a 1:1 tag and use it in annotation space. If I were to use it in Design layer space - i would have to again - scale appropriately - after I have inserted them. Is it possible to have an option to create the tags at a certain scaled size - IE 10x, or 12x etc...?

Wonder how others do this. I know this is a new feature, but it has certainly opened a totally new world for us in terms of parametrics, so way to go VW, couldn't love this data tag tool more!

• Like 2

@Samuel Derenboim This is a great point. We would have traditionally accomplished this by creating a page-based symbol for the callout bubble. This allows the symbol to read the same regardless of the drawing scale.

I checked and this is not possible with the data tags, which is unfortunate. It is very cumbersome to make unique data tags for each scale instance and I don't think VW wants that either?

+1 for your wishlist item.

• Like 1