How do I Auto-Rotate text in 3d view VW 2019?

Hi All,

Hope all is good with you this new years eve!! 

I am working away on a uni project and using a lot of 3d vectorworks and I'm wondering if there is any way to make text autorotate in the drawing space (like image props). Pictures attached to demonstrate what I mean. Basically the purpose of the model is to be a working model so that I can cut sections, plans, etc and all the information to appear as necessary (particularly text).

Hope to hear from you,

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 21.49.41.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 21.52.02.png

The only text objects that I can think of that will auto-rotate to the viewer are 3D Label Legends for Spotlight Lighting Devices.You could get creative with a simple 3d symbol, convert it to a lighting device and then attach a 3D Label Legend to it and make a custom legend that perhaps utilises one of the user fields....

I don't know what version of Vectorworks you have but the Label Legends are available with Designer and Spotlight editions.

The Text Labels don't cast shadows in my file. Are you sure that is what you mean?

902751403_Screenshot2019-01-02at11_01_04.thumb.png.399e57d0a31ae0e1e3eee4bff1334842.png

The way to change the font is by opening the label legend symbol in the resource manager and editing the font of the text string there. Are you familiar with label legends? I am making the assumption that you have Spotlight or Designer versions of VWX installed.

Edited by markdd