Plant tag alignment and rotated plans

Chickpea

Help please, I am finding it impossible to insert plants onto a rotated plan and get the tags to behave. 

Desperate to know how to resolve this asap.

This plan is rotated -134.

The tag text is upside down, whichever way i rotate it. I have tried inserting plants to an unrotated view, but as soon as I rotate to a view that would work on a sheet layer... upside down and all over the place. 

Screenshot 2018-12-30 at 00.35.08.png

Edited by Chickpea
Running Mojave 10.14.2 and VW2019 SP2

Disable the pref for Adjust Flipped Text?  Your sample appears to be design layer, but if it’s a  SLVP also try toggle the Adjust Flipped Text item in the Advanced Options - button near bottom of OIP. I think it defaults to “enabled” in both places. 

Your sample appears to be quite distant from drawing origin. That can cause problems (but never heard of flipped text being one.of them). To test, open a new drawing, rotate the plan view -134 and place a new plant & tag right at the 0,0,0 origin. Toggle the Adjust pref if still wonky and paste again. Also try copy/paste one of the problem texts near the new origin. 

Post back. I’m sure this is solvable. 

Horsing around with this some more.  Looks like a bug.  Persists since v2018 and possibly before.

The tag text force flips across the plan rotation angle line.

It's not related to Document Pref for Adjust Flipped Text. Toggle makes no difference for existing or new placements.

For this -134° rotation there are a couple positions near the plan rotation that read sort of OK.

Rotation in opposite direction (eg for this one 226° instead of -134°) would be nice logic, but doesn't work.

Stupid Workaround is None tag and text box or callout.

Anyone else solved this?

Or bug submitted?

Attached file has rotated plan and stack of 6 plants with tags in different rotations.

-B

RotateTags.png

RotatedTag v2019.vwx

Thanks @Benson Shaw. I did have a support call with VW UK before Christmas, but they couldn't seem to understand/replicate the problem and I had a deadline so hand adjusted all the tags on that file. Fortunately the text was not flipped in that one. But if you selected a group of tags and tried to align the leader lines they would fire off in all sorts of random directions. It was incredibly time consuming to hand organise every tag on the entire plan.

The current file I am working on which I wanted to be -134 rotation, I have changed to +46 rotation as again I need to get the work done...

I think it is a bug, but I would be more delighted if it is just a greenhorn error and I could get on with my planting plans without having to deal with every tag.

Cp

On 12/29/2018 at 7:36 PM, Chickpea said:

Help please, I am finding it impossible to insert plants onto a rotated plan and get the tags to behave. 

Desperate to know how to resolve this asap.

This plan is rotated -134.

The tag text is upside down, whichever way i rotate it. I have tried inserting plants to an unrotated view, but as soon as I rotate to a view that would work on a sheet layer... upside down and all over the place. 

Screenshot 2018-12-30 at 00.35.08.png

With VW 2019 you no longer need to use the default plant tags of old! Use data tags and even free yourself from the tyranny of circles or hexagons by making a custom data tag for plants and more.

• Like 2
On 1/3/2019 at 6:09 AM, rowbear97 said:

With VW 2019 you no longer need to use the default plant tags of old! Use data tags and even free yourself from the tyranny of circles or hexagons by making a custom data tag for plants and more.

@rowbear97 thanks for that...I didn't realize that this was a new feature of 2019. Looks very useful for Landmark applications, I may never use the traditional tags again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...