MaxStudio

Question

I know there is probably an easy answer to this question but, I just can't seem to figure it out.  I have a custom triple double-hung window that I have created with the Vectorworks window tool.  The center window is 40" wide and the side windows are 18" wide.  I want 3 vertical muntin bars in the center window and 1 vertical muntin bar in the side windows but, it seems I can only have one or the other.  (Either 3 vertical bars in all windows or only 1 vertical bar in all windows).  What am I missing?

Thanks

Derek

1 answer to this question

Unfortunately you cannot do this in VW - unless you resort to manually placing (or modeling) muntins. [This would be a good wishlist item!]. The easiest way for me is to go to a frontal view, change to Screen Plane, draw the 2d muntins/grid, Extrude, then go to top plan and drag/move the Extrude into place (b/c Extrudes are always crated at 0/0/0 in space). You can subsequently turn the Window and Extrude into a Symbol if desired. It's not the worst workaround but certainly would be nice if it could be done natively in multi-unit windows.