Plug-in objects

BG

The 2D Reshape tool is intended to change a single 2D shape (rectangle, polyline, etc.) by grabbing one of the control points and moving only that point. All of the items you mention are basically groups of shapes--the tool can't "reach" the individual points inside the group. (Try drawing two rectangles. You can select and modify either rectangle, but if you group them together the 2D Reshape won't do anything.)

If you want to move items around, you'll need to use the 2D Selection tool rather than the Reshape tool.

Good luck,

Hi Travis

Yes I understand what the 2D reshape tool does, but why can it not move all 2d items? When say you are extending the length of something using the marque, everything extends/moves including dims, text, groups but not PIO's. I cannot think of a reason why these should not be included? They are 2D items. It's a hassle having to manually move these items after resizing the drawing.

BG

I think you need help understanding the different between a 2d object such as a polygon, rectangle, circle, and parametric, plug-in objects, etc.

Rectangles, circles, polys, etc are literally 2d objects.

Plugin objects, symbols, groups, and parametric objects may have 2d viewing properties, but are not considered 2d objects in definition, only in nature.

The 2d reshape tool only applies to 2d objects by definition.

Hi Katie

No help required thanks. It shouldn't matter what the VW definition is, if it is a 2D object is should move.

I will add this to the wishlist. It makes sense to me that the 2D reshape tool would be "better" if it did move all 2D objects including PIO's, reference markers, labels etc.

Regards

BG

I have to say it doesn't work properly for me either. I added two plug in objects to the drawing - a Drawing Title plug-in object and a NNA Door plug-in object.

Drew the marquee and then dragged - the two plug in objects 'ghosted' as if they were moving but on release they were exactly where they were originally. And yes they were fully enclosed by the marquee.

I also have to say that this an odd and not very intuitive implementation of a drag / stretch capability.

VW 11.01 Architect (B series) on a Mac with OSX 10.3.8

[ 02-14-2005, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: mike m oz ]

Katie

I looked at Jonathon's movie and tried to replicate what he did, as this aspect of the program was one I had not caught up on.

I just cannot get it to work the way his movie does - the stretch works okay on the polygon and lines but the two plug in objects just do not move anywhere. They 'ghost' and move as you drag the polygon, but as soon as you stop they are exactly where they were before.

I have watched the movie half a dozen times to see if there is something I have missed, and also checked in the manual. It absolutely has me beat!

If you or Jonthon can throw some light on it please do so.

Hi Katie & others

Jonathan's movie shows exactly what the 2D reshape tool should be able to do. But it doesn't work like Jonathan shows. The drawing label does not move even though it is fully enclosed within the marque. Jonathan must be using a drawing label symbol or something.

BG

I can't replicate what archoncad suggests either.

You can do what he shows in the movie, however, by simply marqueing the objects, without using the 2d Reshape tool.

But the question was about PIOs, and archoncad doesn't address this.

Many PIOs (not all) have a 3D companion. If you modify the 2D, what would you expect to happen in the 3D view? But if you really want to change the PIO 2D drawing, ungroup it and change it. Easy. But now you've lost all of the PIO's magical parameters...