Hatch disappears in 2D symbol

Brittany

Question

Hello,

When I make an object a 2D symbol, the hatch I have it filled with is not visible unless I am editing the symbol. When I click out of the edit mode, the hatch reads as a white fill.

What is happening here? It just started doing it. I have VW 2018.

Thanks,

Brittany 

Edited by Brittany

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Brittany I'm thinking this has something to do with using page-based units (for either the Hatch or the symbol itself), but it's hard to be sure without seeing the file. It's been awhile since you posted this but if you're still looking for a solution please message me a file containing the 2D objects that are being converted to symbols.

Best Regards,

Tim

I know this an old post - but i'm having the same problem here, was this ever solved?

Only seems to happen in some saved views, which seems odd. So i copied a concrete hatch object saved as a symbol from one saved view [a section] and pasted it to another saved view [i ‘think' identical except rotated 90degrees in plan].

I needed to edit the 2D Shape and when i convert it back to a symbol the concrete hatch dissapears, replaced by a white fill….

The objects in the other view seem to be displaying okay. 

Ive tried toggling screen view / layer view - no effect

Ive tried toggling page units / world units - no effect

Hope someone has a solution they can share? 

Much appreciated

Machine:  Apple iMac 21.5” [2019-8GB RAM] [3.6 Ghz Quad Core i3 processor][OS Ventura 13.5]

Running: Vectorworks 2020 Fundamentals, Architect, Renderworks [Service Pack 6]

* EDIT: I notice that the effect happens when the plan view is rotated 270 degrees, but NOT when plan view orientation is set at 0 degrees

Hope someone has a solution they can share? 

Much appreciated

Machine:  Apple iMac 21.5” [2019-8GB RAM] [3.6 Ghz Quad Core i3 processor][OS Ventura 13.5]

Running: Vectorworks 2020 Fundamentals, Architect, Renderworks [Service Pack 6]