Text Nightmares!!!

Jonezer

Question

What the heck is going on with my VW 2017??? I'm not a novice, but things like this make me want to

dump the program and go back to hand drafting!!!

I am mystified:  working in VW 17, I have Layers for different components in a drafting package.

The last several times I have ATTEMPTED to add text, things fall apart quickly! I changed the layer

scale from 1:1 to 1:48, which scaled the text nicely. Then the nightmares begin...

Often, the text box will DELETE an area of my groundplan. The only way to get it back is to QUIT VW,

and NOT SAVE changes! Why???? 

So, I created a new Layer: Notations, just for text. Again, in 1:48 scale. The new nightmare is that a few

elements from other layers don't show up AT ALL. (Yes, I have clicked Show Others...)

I'm looking everywhere for an easy "Add Text" video that explains what's happening, but there are none.

Is this a peculiar glitch due to my ASUS laptop??? I am desperate here, working against a deadline.

Why is adding text such a nightmare in VW 17? Please send suggestions, thoughts/prayers, etc.

Better yet, come do it for me! Thanks, all.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet