Text Font

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

VectorWorks does not provide fonts, it uses fonts that are available and installed in your system. No matter what platform you are on, there are utilities for previewing fonts: Key Caps on the Mac; Double-clicking a font file on the PC (in Win XP) will cause a display preview window of the font.

Hi Robert;

Do you know if the Font Book features of OS10.3, Panther are compatible with VW? Specifically I want to know if I will be able to limit the number of fonts available in VW so that instead of scrolling down a list of 100 fonts I can limit it to perhaps 3 to 5.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Kevin, I have not personally been testing Panther (although I look forward to installing it). The Font Book looks pretty cool and appears to operate at a system level. It's not clear that VW (or any other app) has to do anything manage this. It looks like we get it "for free". This is an unqualified answer, though, as I say, because I have not personally been using prerelease versions of Panther.

• 4 months later...

I am using a computer that is running on OS 9.x for Mac and using VW 10.5. For some reason I am unable to change fonts. I have opened new windows, reinstalled VW, everything I can think of including checking the extensions manager. Fonts work on every other computer I have this installed on so I believe it could be specific to one computer. Have you seen this before?