Lots of Fixture Errors that may be connected?

iamianm1

Hello,

Over the past few days, I've encountered some errors with the fixtures I've placed that's been hindering my workflow. I'm not sure if it's connected to a universal problem, but let's see.

Issues:

-Fixtures will not orient to focus point but still project to them.

-Fixtures won't project gobo or shutter data.

-Certain fixtures won't output accurate brightness of the actual fixtures.

Thanks lots, hopefully we can get this sorted out.

On 12/23/2018 at 11:37 AM, iamianm1 said:

-Fixtures will not orient to focus point but still project to them.

Orientation and projection are two separate processes.  If a fixture isn't orienting correctly, something is probably wrong with the assignment of the Parts record to the 3D components.  See here: http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2019/eng/index.htm#t=VW2019_Guide%2FLightingDesign1%2FLighting_Instrument_Specifications.htm

-Fixtures won't project gobo or shutter data.

What is your rendering mode?  Make sure Cast Shadows is turned on.  Various other fill and texture settings can affect this.

-Certain fixtures won't output accurate brightness of the actual fixtures.

VW doesn't have a means to automatically fill in the brightness level of the lamp.  You can use the visualization palette to edit the render lights and give them a lumen or peak candela value.  This only will affect RW renders.  Also note that illuminance is affected by a lot of factors, including properties of materials, so if you're using VW to get a sense of accurately rendered brightness, you're probably not getting good results.  If I'm just adjusting a rendering for lights that I know should feel brighter, I just up the "Brightness" setting to more than 100% using the text box.  You can input any percentage in there.