Volume Issue with Hardscape/Site model

Brian Dovey

I have done a site model of a terrain. When I insert a "Hardscape" object from level zero, I would expect the Volume of the site model (of the terrain) would minus the volume occupied by the hardscape object. Yet this is not the case. See attached 2 images.

I have also tried with the site modifier with Pad with retaining edge. But For some reason, I cannot get the pad to have clean laser-like cut edges from the contours nearby, instead I get a regrading which I don't want, any help please?. I understand I can use a grade limits but with the offset, I would loose the accuracy of the amount of cut. 

Any help would be much appreciated!
Brian

Sitemodifier1.gif

Sitemodifier2.gif

Brian do you any grade limits in place? These are an important part of adding a pad, in my experience.

I haven't had a great experience using pads with retaining edges but a grade limit should help your situation.

I often create a pad, then copy and paste this in place, change this to a grade limits within the OIP, then offset it by whaterever distance you wish. In this image, I offset it by 1'.

The model will then place your pad and use the grade limits for just that. There are lots of good videos out there on VW Youtube channel which you might want to check out.

A good practice can also be to put all your site modifiers into the same layer your site model exists.  Hope that helps...

pad2.png

pad1.png

Edited by J. Wallace
  • Like 1