jnr

Mojave thinks 2019 is 32 bit

So out of nowhere got a message from Mojave that Vectorworks needs to be upgraded to a 64 program. I'm running 2019 SP2. and cloud services decided to blow up.

Anyone else seen this?

No worries, I think it popped up for users after 10.14.2, its been alerting me about a few apps that are also 64 bit already. Not sure what it's worried about.

6 minutes ago, J. Miller said:

So Jim Wilson,

Mojave Upgrade ?

YES ?

NO?

I have a bit a downtime right now

Jeff Miller

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 10.25.12 AM.png

Unless you have a strong reason to update, theres really no reason to risk it if things are already working fine for you. 

I have some graphic oddities at times (open GL) and some ghosts (objects that have been deleted but still appear there).

I'm just wondering if there are video card updates in Mojave that might help this?

Happy Holidays

Jeff

I downgraded back to High Sierra after the Mojave 10.14.2 update. VWX 2019 started hanging up when I would edit annotations on a sheet layer right after that update. No issues since the downgrade back to High Sierra.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 10:33 AM, dbrumbach said:

I downgraded back to High Sierra

I'm curious to know; What procedure did you use to do this? 

• macOS Recovery > Restore From Time Machine Backup
  • (Alternative) macOS Recovery (Shift-Option-⌘-R) > 'Install the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available' > then (IF you chose to erase your disk) use Time Machine Backup to reinstate your login/account data. 

I wanted a clean install so I wiped the drive and used the “install os the Mac shipped with”,  then I restored email from the time machine backup. I did export all my email and made multiple backups of files before i did this. 

Opened up Vectorworks this morning and was met with this error. Is anyone else having this issue and is a service pack on the way?

1832749661_Screenshot2019-03-07at10_53_11.thumb.png.8eb26760f4e2ebd5f109e97d4e236eaf.png

You just need to click OK. The warning is an oversensitive alert from Apple. I've been getting it on a lot of apps.