Trouble with Window tool

Phileas

I can't figure out how to make a window bay with a strut in the middle using the window tool, would be great if someone could help me out with a little guide.

I made a 3D Model of the object I want to create, see pic below.

1903190946_Capturedecran2018-12-20a14_56_59.thumb.png.b354b0fb6c357acc66195639d4848b71.png

Using VW 2018 on a Mac btw

Edited by Phileas

@FBernardo Well I'm f*cked I guess... I have relatively complex windows to make as well, this one was supposed to be easy...

Guess I'll have to make every single one of my windows a symbol, and that sucks cause you can't insert them into a wall properly, I'll have to do everything manually...

I've watched videos of people doing extremly complexe window bays with the VW2015 window tool, which had an interface looking like yours. I feel like I somehow got the window tool of a 2003 Program, really disappointed in VW there...

I have some pretty basic problems with the stair tool as well since it doesn't allow to edit the opper and lower end of the stairs to fit the slab underneath it in my version... Didn't know there was such a huge difference between 2018 and 2019 😠

Edited by Phileas

Why can't you change to the original version of Vectorworks, i don't know if the licence will be the same but is worth to ask! I always though that the localisations would be just Text translations, not complete overhauls in the software, apparently in a german/dutch version they have a very competent stair tool (i think, don't quote me there). 

In the symbols options there are (at least on mine) a few options for Full break; Half break - Center line; right or left position which makes the symbols work properly in a wall.

In regards to Stair tool they are going to redesign the whole tool there is a post asking for suggestions and so on how to improve the existing one, so if you have some good input go there leave your 5cents 🙂 

2 hours ago, FBernardo said:

in a german/dutch version they have a very competent stair tool 

Ah, no, or at least the Stair Tool IS imported from the german version in that case.

But their Window Tool is far superior over the US version.

While I think Australian Version is even more versatile.

And from a European Architecture standpoint, the Benelux Window Tool

is even even even by far the best.

@FBernardo Concerning the Stair tool, I've been on the topic, and everything I wanted to see added was already listed. I'm happy they're finally gonna fix this tool, it's quite time consuming to have to make a 3D Model out of every single stair.

@cberg I don't know man but I'll sure lose at least 8 hours of work making every single window in my document fron scratch with 3D Objects, and another 8 placing them in the walls properly... :( 

• 2 weeks later...