Spotlight Inventory Color Summary Not working

I'm in 2019 SP2 Build 463397 for Mac.

The Fixture inventory seems really buggy.  Some Fixture Symbols keep disappearing off the Symbol Key.  Plus, the Typical Fixture Legend, and Color Summary isn't working at all.  It won't output a gel cut list for my Master Elec, I'm going to have to do it manually.  Thank god this is a small show!

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 4.55.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 4.55.40 PM.png

You’re right. It’s not been a bit buggy since the new version upgrade. A quick workaround is to add two Typical Symbol “widgets”. For some reason that makes the tool display one of them consistently.. 

Let's hope they fix it soon.

Edited by markdd
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, markdd said:

You’re right. It’s not been a bit buggy since the new version upgrade. A quick workaround is to add two Typical Symbol “widgets”. For some reason that makes the tool display one of them consistently.. 

Let's hope they fix it soon.

I called VSS support about something very much like this a few days ago, because it was driving me up the wall. It appears that the last item in an instrument Summary gets truncated. The advice was to add a 'dummy item' to the list and make in each Instrument Summary / Position Summary that it is placed last. See the attached image. So I made one. Solves this irritating problem for the short term. @klinzeyBut is it true that each instrument summary requires individual updating?  What am I doing incorrectly when I try to globally build a list of fixtures for all instrument summaries (one current show has 26 of them).

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 10.41.47 AM.png

• Like 3

Each instrument summary takes it’s own set of parameters.  If all the summaries are identical, you can make a symbol out of a summary and change the summary in the symbol.

If each summmary has different display options, 2019 should support object styles for all plug-ins, so you should be able to define a Summary as a style and have the object list refer to the style.  I haven’t tired this yet, though.

If you want to copy the settings of one summary to another, use the eye dropper tool,  This wall copy all the plug-in parameters, though.

• 1 month later...