Jim Smith

Eyedropper & Wall Attributes

Question

Is there a reason that Walls do not accept All Attributes when the eye dropper is used? Several iterations ago (circa 2012 or 2014?) this worked. Now, not so much. 

4 answers to this question

Jim,

Another quirk is that if you use the eyedropper between walls, but click "cancel" when the wall component matching dialog opens textures will still be applied to the second wall.  I don't think the program is intended to work this way, but I often use it as a quick method of moving textures between walls when I need to.

I'm going through a really place right now with VW; & I'm generally a big fan. I have spent the whole day playing back-a-mole on a project that I should have been finished days ago. Ever since the intro of Storys the walls in VW are made of unicorn horns. 

We tried to adopt stories a few times and ran into so many problems that we ignore that part of the workflow opting instead to manually offset components, etc.  So far - I think it has been the right choice. 

On the other hand, I'm happy to hear that you are dedicating some time to provide habitat for the elusive unicorns.  Their needs are often overlooked.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Taproot said:

Their needs are often overlooked.

Yes, indeed they are. That's why I've given generously !